Tinapa is a world-class integrated Business and Leisure Resort located in Calabar, South Eastern Nigeria and contiguous with the Calabar River as well as the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Nigeria’s first Free Trade Zone.
Originally promoted by the Cross River State Government of Nigeria, under a Private Public Partnership (PPP), Tinapa is the realization of a novel and exciting dream of establishing a Trade, Leisure and Entertainment hub for Africa.
This four phased Project which will add on more leisure and entertainment components in subsequent phases, was Officially Commissioned on the 2nd of April 2007 by the Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, while his successor Alhaji Musa Yar’Adua consolidated the unique Tinapa Model by approving and publishing her regulatory framework which contain far reaching incentives for investors in the Zone. With these measures already taken by the Federal Government of Nigeria, the picturesque Tinapa Free Zone & Resort, Calabar has commenced operation and is set to welcome visitors from within the country and around the world.
Tinapa’s core values are born out of a desire to provide a Business, Leisure and Entertainment destination that matches the best destinations anywhere in the world. Creativity, Innovativeness, Professionalism, Courtesy and efficiency are distinctive hallmarks of our work ethics. As far as your ingenious idea conforms to international best practices, it can be incubated and hatched in Tinapa. We provide a platform for you to thrive and globalize your business.
Facilities available at the Tinapa Resort are as follow:
- Pre-built retail and wholesale accommodation amounting to an excess of 65,000m2 lettable area composed of Four Emporia of 10,000m2 each, several Line Shops, Warehouses, and so on.
- An Open Exhibition Area for Trade Exhibitions and other events.
- An entertainment strip that comprise spaces for a Casino, an Eight-Screen digital Cinema, vintage international standard restaurants, a night club and pubs.
- Also available with the entertainment Centre is a functional Games Arcade and a mini amphitheater.
- There is also an artificial tidal lake that feeds from the CalabarRiver which it self flows into the Atlantic Ocean. Water sport activities including fishing, can be undertaken on the TinapaLake.
- A man-made beach where leisure events can be held.
- A Two Hundred and Forty Two (242) Room international three star Hotel christened "Tinapa Lakeside Hotel" being operated by the African Sun Hotels, South Africa, one of Africa’s leading hospitality managers.
- A movie Production Studio commonly referred to as "Studio Tinapa" or "Nollywood". It is the most modern film production studio in Nigeria.
- A Water Park/ Leisure Land comprising a collection of children and adult size pools, water slides, a wave pool-surfers delight, a lazy river as well as a bar and restaurant.
- Parking Space for about Four Thousand Cars
- A truck Terminal
- A Helipad
- An independent power plant that ensures adequate and uninterrupted power supply to the Zone.
- Over 6 kilometers of perimeter fencing with a good security network.
- A dedicated Police post that provides security for the Zone along with a team of private security organizations.
- Efficient Telecommunication facilities.
- Uninterrupted water supply
- Good internal and external road network that ensures quick access to the adjourning manufacturing based Calabar Free Trade Zone, the Calabar Port, the Margaret Ekpo International Airport as well as the Cross River State major Highway leading to neighboring States within the region.
- Over 15 kilometers of underground piping for sewage and storm water.
- A sewage treatment plant.
Free Trade Zone:
The Tinapa Free Zone & Resort is administered by the Business Resort Free Zone Company (TBRFZC), a subsidiary of Tinapa Business Resort Limited (TBRL).
The project site, measuring approximately 265 hectares of land, was on the 15th of August, 2006, declared a Free Trade Zone by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria pursuant to the provisions of Section 1(1) of the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Act No. 63 of 1992.
Activities at the Zone are therefore regulated by this Act in addition to the Federal Republic of Nigeria Official Gazette No.7, Volume 96 dated 30th January, 2009 and titled “Tinapa Free Zone and Resort Regulations, 2009”.
The Tinapa Free Zone & Resort not only guarantees the delivery of all the basic Free Zone incentives but offers much more. It is the most customer focused Free Zone in the whole of Africa and provides these customers with not just a platform to actualize their corporate objectives, but also the conducive environment for rapid continuous growth and advancement. It is an investor’s paradise.
Locating within the Tinapa Free Zone & Resort automatically confers certain advantages, benefits and incentives which have been strategically designed to lower your costs and increase your profits. That is the Tinapa advantage.
These incentives are enshrined in both the Nigerian Free Zone Law as well as the Tinapa Regulatory framework. Some of these investment incentives include the following:
- Complete tax holiday from all Federal, State and Local Government Taxes, Rates, Customs Duties and Levies.
- One-Stop approvals for all permits, Operating Licenses and incorporation papers.
- Duty Free importation of Capital Goods, Consumer Goods, Machinery, Equipment, Shop Fit-Out Fixtures and so on.
- Permission to sell 100% of assembled or imported goods into the domestic Nigerian market.
- 100% foreign ownership of investments.
- 100% repatriation of Capital, profits and dividends.
- Waiver on all expatriate quotas for companies operating in Tinapa.
- Prohibition of strikes and lockouts
- Free Rent for up to one year
The Tinapa Shopping Centre presents the inspired and discerning shopper with a bouquet of product offers from her 54 quality retail outlets and four huge emporia each of which is about 10,000 square meters. You will most likely spend a considerable amount of your free time window shopping and taking in the vast array of displays of world class brands ranging from designer labels, perfumes, Electronics,Fabrics, Jewelry, Household furniture and Accessories, up to Art and Craft Souvenirs.
Being a Free Trade Zone, no Customs Duties are applied on imports into the Zone. Consequently, the prices of goods sold within the Zone are the lowest in Nigeria.
With the Tinapa Debit Card, shopping has become even more exciting as no physical cash is required.
The Tinapa Waterpark is an invitation to experience unequalled family fun in Tinapa’s scenic environment. The Waterpark comprises adult and children sized pools, exciting water games, breath-taking slides, a Lazy River, a Wave-pool – surfer’s delight as well as other exciting attractions.
In addition to these, you can have your choice of beverages and also try out our local delicacies for which Calabar is famous. There is no doubt that you and your loved ones will be soaked in fun and excitement.
The Tinapa Games Arcade is the ideal place to treat the kids to pure and undiluted fun. From diving into the exhilarating excitement of the Ocean Bomber, to keeping up with the fast pace of the Mini Basketball, the kids can slide straight over to a game of Ice Hockey and take control of the Dodge-em cars. Once in this world of fun, it will be a bit of a challenge to want to leave.
Overlooking the Artificial Lake in Tinapa, the Fisherman’s Wharf comprises a food court as well as some pubs.
With such breath-taking scenery, your meals become even more tasty and your drinks more refreshing. Come savor nature at its best as you recline and watch fishing and other activities on the Tinapa tidal Lake.
Tinapa Lakeside Hotel is the premium hotel of choice for men and women of distinction. Exquisiteness and Class oozes out of every single one of the Hotel’s 242 rooms. Tinapa Lakeside boasts of facilities and services which are nothing short of world class. Located in a breath-taking environment, Tinapa Lakeside's beauty extends from its exterior right to the interior.
With a team of highly professional experts in the world of hospitality, Tinapa Lakeside Hotel is an experience worth having.
+234 803 417 5376
+234 805 462 1550
+234 704 178 0853
+234 703 898 2498
The Ultra modern Tinapa Film Studio located within the Tinapa Free Zone & Resort, provides first class production and post production support services to both local and foreign film, television and music producers using the best equipment available in the industry.
Fondly referred to as “Nollywood” by industry watchers, Studio Tinapa is set to become the prime location in Nigeria and indeed the West African Region for producing Feature Films, TV Shows, TV Dramas & other related productions. With Studio Tinapa, your productions are guaranteed to shine brighter than all others. That’s the Tinapa Advantage.